Thursday, June 3, 2010

Camping:My Personal Rehabilitation

Camping my Personal Rehabilitation

Camping in the Cascade Mountains is my one and best way I know to re-set my mind. As the day begins, and I hear life come alive in the woods. The pure smell of pine, and the clean mountain air. The therapeutic sound of rush water soothes the pain the ears endure while trapped in the city. Also the feel and the smell of a campfire is at times what my soul craves. I find this escape has given me more than any money can buy in the real world. When I go sometimes two to three friends go with me I normally go alone as I am not really a people person. At night when it does begin to cool, the fire provides for our need for warmth, and the relaxing dance the flames engage in. The only war or battles we care about are between fish and man as life out here is raw and at times very unforgiving. However it is a very valuable resource for those who respect her and all she provides. Taking nothing more than what our needs define. As my mind begins to get re-cluttered, I find great comfort in knowing that the woods and Mother Nature are right there for me. Ready at anytime to embrace, heal, and hopefully always be there for me.

1 comment:

  1. i am glad you like camping john alot of people don't like camping that well.

    ReplyDelete