Thursday, June 3, 2010

Introduction to trials and Tribulations

This is a book i really can relate to in so many ways.I myuself am cajun a french,american native so as i grew up i was look at different. In the 70s things and life was so different.Much to the truth of the book we were taught to "Think White', I guess in so many ways it gave me the oppurtunity to gain an education that i would have never recieved at some indian reservation. And true to the way Alexis expresses things wetre the ways some of seen life in general.Like dealing with the overwhelming disease of alcholism,obviously since the turn of the century the whites had found means and ways to kill off the indian just so they can have the land.It surely is a geographical and economical stuggle they have all dealt with and will continue to deal with til my generation expires as they wont be held responsible fopr those who are less than a quarter degree blood.And that is me , so with a little patiernce uncle sam wont have ot pay for the land nor for the oil rights they have stolen from us.So yes in so many ways can i realate to the author of the book Absolute Diary of a Part time Indian.With stuggles he endured, to the tragic deaths that are alwaqys just right around the corner.I myself as Alexis did or does express things through writting instead of drawing.It seems to be for me a hidden way to be able to express myself without predjustice.Besides you can never tell what race an author is if he never includes a personal picture.So in so many ways are these ides AGREEABLE.

1 comment:

  1. everybody has trials and tribulations sometime in there life.

    ReplyDelete